In August 2019, Albert’s Pawn began offering Louis Vuitton pre-loved designer handbags We currently offer a variety Louis Vuitton designer handbags at Albert’s Pawn in North Johnson City. Our designer collection will continue to grow, so come in regularly to find your favorite designer’s handbags of all shapes, sizes, and colors.
You can now buy, sell or pawn pre-loved designer handbags by fourteen talented designers. These handbags are deeply discounted from the original sales price, and they come with a certificate of authenticity validating their designer status. Guaranteed no fake knock-offs here.
If you don’t see your favorite designer, ask our staff about the designer handbag you are looking for, and we will try to find it for you.
Each week we will feature a blog about the different designers that we are offering. The designers we can authenticate using Entrupy are Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Gucci, Coach, Chloe, Dior, Fendi, Goyard, Hermès, Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta, Burberry, Celine, and Prada.
The Gucci Design
Gucci is a well-known and prestigious Italian luxury brand that is known for its handbags and leather goods. Gucci is one of the biggest selling Italian brands. It’s also known for the classic GG monogram logo on its product.
Interesting Facts about Gucci
Here are some facts you may not know about the Gucci brand:
- Gucci was founded in Italy in 1921 by Guccio Gucci who established the company in Florence when he was 40 years old.
- The recognizable double G logo stands for Guccio Gucci.
- Although Gucci began in Italy, a country known for its fashion, the style was inspired by those living in London and around England. Gucci got his inspiration while he was working as an elevator operator in London’s swanky Savoy Hotel. He met famous celebrities such as Winston Churchill and Marilyn Monroe, and their accessories inspired him to start his own brand.
- Among the first items to be made by Gucci were detachable leather bags for saddles. He sold them to keen horsemen in Italy. That’s where the recognizable horsebit logo came from. This logo was first seen in the 1950s and has remained a crucial part of the brand ever since.
- The GG logo was first seen on saddlebags before Gucci changed it to a silk addition and started using it on many other products, including jewelry and briefcases.
- Guccio Gucci personally managed the brand until his death in 1953. After his death, his sons took over the business and promoted the products among Hollywood celebrities.
- The famous Flora print was first seen on scarves and was specifically designed by Rodolfo Gucci, one of Guccio’s sons, for Grace Kelly, Princess of Monaco.
- During the 1940s, Italy was under the rule of Dictator Benito Mussolini. The fascist regime meant that leather was often tough to acquire, so many Gucci products were made using silk.
- In an attempt to bring about some innovative change, Tom Ford was appointed the position of Creative Director at Gucci in 1994. Within five years, an increase of 90% in sales was reported, and the House of Gucci was worth about $4 billion. Ford was the largest shareholder at one point during his time at the company.
- Many high-profile designers have worked alongside Gucci, including Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney.
- The bamboo handled bag is one of the most iconic Gucci items, but many people are surprised to hear how it came about. When leather was sparse during WWII, designers had to experiment with other materials, including bamboo.
- Many items have been around for years, but they are redesigned and improve regularly. The Flora scarf, for example, was reinvented in 2015 for the Cruise Collection.
- Frida Giannini became the Creative Director in 2006 after Tom Ford left to start his own brand.
- In 2015, fashion designer Alessandro Michele took over as the Creative Director. Since then, sales have grown by 12% and Gucci is even more prominent at world-class events such as Milan Fashion Week.
- Gucci was the first brand to host a fashion show at Westminster Abbey, London, which took place in 2017.
- Gucci’s Chime for Change project aims to help empower young girls and women and has successfully funded over 200 different projects so far.
Stop by one of Albert’s four locations to get a pawn loan on your pre-loved designer handbag! Here are nine things to know about Albert’s Pawn in Tennessee.
Albert’s has been family owned and operated since 1927. No matter what part of the Tri-Cities you’re in we have a location to serve you. With four Albert’s Pawn locations (Downtown Johnson City, North Johnson City, Bristol, and Kingsport), getting top dollar for your items for pawn loans and finding that item you’ve been looking for at an unbeatable price has never been easier. Stop by and see why Albert’s Pawn is the premier pawnshop in the area.