In August 2019, Albert’s Pawn began offering Louis Vuitton pre-loved designer handbags We currently offer a variety Louis Vuitton designer handbags at Albert’s Pawn in North Johnson City. Our designer collection will continue to grow, so come in regularly to find your favorite designer’s handbags of all shapes, sizes, and colors.
You can now buy, sell or pawn pre-loved designer handbags by fourteen talented designers. These handbags are deeply discounted from the original sales price, and they come with a certificate of authenticity validating their designer status. Guaranteed no fake knock-offs here.
If you don’t see your favorite designer, ask our staff about the designer handbag you are looking for, and we will try to find it for you.
Each week we will feature a blog about the different designers that we are offering. The designers we can authenticate using Entrupy are Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Gucci, Coach, Chloe, Dior, Fendi, Goyard, Hermès, Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta, Burberry, Celine, and Prada.
The Burberry Design
Burberry is one of the most recognizable luxury brands in the world. Marking its 163rd anniversary this year, Burberry continues to thrive as an iconic British label because it is a brand willing to undergo multiple reinventions. Who can resist designs that Victoria Beckham, Harry Styles, and Emma Watson wear.
Interesting Facts about Burberry
Here are some facts you may not know about the Burberry brand:
- At 21 years old, Thomas Burberry established the luxury brand named after him in 1856 in Basingstoke in Hampshire, UK.
- Burberry was born on August 27, 1835 and he initially worked as an apprentice draper, where he learned the tricks of the fashion trade.
- Burberry envisioned a brand that specialized in outdoor clothing because there was a lack of wearable, waterproof options other than rubber at that time. So, he invented gabardine in 1879, which is a breathable and weatherproof fabric. Gabardine has since revolutionized rainwear and outdoor apparel.
- The company opened its first-ever London store at 30 Haymarket in 1891 with the success of their gabardine-made outerwear.
- Originally named “Burberrys” with an s, in 1999 the letter “s” was dropped. The same year, they launched a new line, Burberry Prorsum. An homage to its Equestrian Knight label that contains the Latin word “Prorsum” which means “forwards,” the new line aims to move Burberry forward to the next generation.
- Tielocken is one of Burberry’s significant contributions to the fashion world. Patented in 1912, the Tielocken was an unbuttoned coat with a belt that fastens around the waist.
- During World War I, the British Army used Burberry’s expertise to update the Tielocken and convert it into functional outerwear on the battleground. He designed the coat to include belt rings to hold grenades, maps, and flasks; shoulder straps to secure binoculars and a gas mask, and large flaps for an added protection on the chest while military men were in the trenches (thus, the term “trench coat”).
- With gabardine’s growing reputation as a lightweight fabric suited for tough terrains and conditions, Burberry became the brand of choice among polar explorers, most notably Sir Ernest Shackleton who famously wore Burberry in three of his expeditions.
- The brand continued to grow in popularity, especially among sports fanatics and those with an appetite for adventure. In 1937, Betty Kirby-Green wore Burberry’s blue flying suit as she and Air Commodore Arthur Clouston flew for 45 hours from London to Cape Town to break the world record.
- In 1924, Burberry created the Nova Check, the label’s most recognizable print. The trademark plaid comes in beige with black, white, and red checks. Old Hollywood stars, including Humphrey Bogart and Audrey Hepburn, were among those then seen wearing the brand.
Stop by one of Albert’s four locations to get a pawn loan on your pre-loved designer handbag! Here are nine things to know about Albert’s Pawn in Tennessee.
Albert’s has been family owned and operated since 1927. No matter what part of the Tri-Cities you’re in we have a location to serve you. With four Albert’s Pawn locations (Downtown Johnson City, North Johnson City, Bristol, and Kingsport), getting top dollar for your items for pawn loans and finding that item you’ve been looking for at an unbeatable price has never been easier. Stop by and see why Albert’s Pawn is the premier pawnshop in the area.