In August 2019, Albert’s Pawn began offering Louis Vuitton pre-loved designer handbags We currently offer a variety Louis Vuitton designer handbags at Albert’s Pawn in North Johnson City. Our designer collection will continue to grow, so come in regularly to find your favorite designer’s handbags of all shapes, sizes, and colors.
You can now buy, sell or pawn pre-loved designer handbags by fourteen talented designers. These handbags are deeply discounted from the original sales price, and they come with a certificate of authenticity validating their designer status. Guaranteed no fake knock-offs here.
If you don’t see your favorite designer, ask our staff about the designer handbag you are looking for, and we will try to find it for you.
Each week we will feature a blog about the different designers that we are offering. The designers we can authenticate using Entrupy are Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Gucci, Coach, Chloe, Dior, Fendi, Goyard, Hermès, Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta, Burberry, Celine, and Prada.
The Celine Design
Celine is a French ready-to-wear and leather luxury fashion brand founded by Celine Vipiana.
The Celine brand is best known for their minimalistic style and functional elegance of their designs. Handbags the brand are best known for are the Trapeze, Luggage and Trio bags.
Interesting Facts about Celine
- In 1945, Celine Vipiana and her husband Richard founded Celine in Paris. They specialized in custom made children’s shoes.
- Celine Vipaian was one of the first women to start her own luxury fashion brand. Her philosophy was to created functional fashion that was also chic.
- The brand became quite recognizable for its logo, a red elephant, created by cartoonist Raymont Peynet.
- In the 1950s the brand created sportswear for the elite.
- In 1960, the brand took a new direction and started its ready-to-wear collection for women. The brand also started to offer a range of leather goods such as bags, loafers, gloves and clothing. Besides traditional calfskin, Celine bags are created in more exotic materials such as phython and lizard.
- In 1964, the brand launched its first fragrance called “Vent Vou.”
- In 1973, Celine Vipiana redid the logo and designed a “C Sulky” canvas as a nod to the Arc-de-Triomphe monument in Paris.
- Celine started their expansion internationally by opening stores in Monte Carlo, Geneva, Hong Kong, Lausanne, Toronto andBeverly Hills.
- In 1996 the brand was sold to the luxury group LVMH for $540 million which was owned by Benard Arnault. This gave the brand a boost by opening 36 stores in Paris. This helped propel the brand name straight into the spotlight.
- Celine Vipiana continued to design for the company until her death in 1997. She was 84 years old.
- The brand then appointed Michael Kors as creative director and head designer for the women’s ready-to-wear line.
- Kors brought new life in the brand and created “it” bags such as the Poulbot and Boogie designs thus ushering a new heyday for the company. In 2004, he parted ways with Celine to focus on his own brand.
- After several less than stellar designers came and went, in 2008 Bernard Arnualt made the announcement that Phoebe Philo would take over as the new creative of Celine.
- Philo was said to have brought a new touch to the brand and her designs were described as the “minimal cool trend” byVogue.
- In 2010, Philo was the recipient of the Designer of the Year award from the British Fashion council. In 2011, she won the International Designer of the Year award from theFashion Designers of America for her work at Celine.
- Putting the brand back on top, Philo created the hugely popular bags called the Classic, Trapeze, Cabas and Luggage Tote styles.
Stop by one of Albert’s four locations to get a pawn loan on your pre-loved designer handbag! Here are nine things to know about Albert’s Pawn in Tennessee. Shop for pre-loved designer handbags online.
Albert’s has been family owned and operated since 1927. No matter what part of the Tri-Cities you’re in we have a location to serve you. With four Albert’s Pawn locations (Downtown Johnson City, North Johnson City, Bristol, and Kingsport), getting top dollar for your items for pawn loans and finding that item you’ve been looking for at an unbeatable price has never been easier. Stop by and see why Albert’s Pawn is the premier pawnshop in the area.